Friday, December 08, 2006

Zoo and the A-Class

Kayrin, Ivan and I made our way to Zoo Negara yesterday morning, and though ma thought I couldn't manage the two of them on my own, we came home fine. Thank God. Only brush with danger was when Ivan stumbled and scraped his toe a teeny weeny bit. Not enough to make him cry or bleed.
It's my first trip to Zoo Negara in almost 30 years! The last time (and only time) I was there, ma was pregnant with Yee. So Woan and Lyan must have been just 5. I remember ma being in a blue maternity dress with square neckline, and yellow checks along the neckline. Weird how some memories stay with you.

The zoo was quite fun and Ivan and Kayrin seemed to have enjoyed themselves though I was a spoilsport of sort when I wouldn't let them have ice-creams. It was also about to pour when Kayrin spotted an ice-cream hut and made her request. Sorry darling, mommy will remember to be more of a fun person next time we're on outings.

That evening, in the pouring rain, I took delivery of my second car. Nice, but sure had me worried what I'd gotten myself into. Gone overboard with my spending? Lost my sanity? Dealing with mid-life crisis? I'm still trying to figure it out.

No comments: