Monday, September 08, 2008

Lying to a 5-Year-Old

I can no longer lie very much to Kayrin, who's all of 5 years and 7 months now. Snippets of our conversation in the past month:

In the car..
me: Kayrin, look over there..see those policemen and the guys they've stopped. Do you know why? It's because they won't put on their seat belts.
Kayrin: Motorbikes don't have seat belts.
(Great, those two mat rempits were on a kapchai)

In the bathroom, while I was brushing my teeth and Kayrin was standing on the covered toilet bowl.
me: Kayrin, please don't play with daddy's shaving foam. He'll be furious.
Kayrin: But what does it say here? How do we use it?
me: I don't know. I don't shave.
Kayrin: But you do. You shave your armpits.
(Next time I'd better do all that in the privacy of the office loo).

No comments: