Wednesday, November 12, 2008

HTC-Less But With Loads of Supplements

I lost my three-month-old HTC Diamond phone on Oct. 31, a nightmare. I inadvertently left it behind in my haste to get out of the gym. Realising my loss 3 minutes later didn't help. The phone had been switched off by the time I rushed back to the gym. But I didn't dare go on and on about it at home. It was, after all, a present from Shaw Feng. Normally, my way of getting through such stuff is to talk it to death. You know, where I berate myself, curse the thief, wonder how I could be so careless, thump my fist at the dishonesty of some people, then scold myself somemore, etc. You get the point. That's pretty cathartic. It exorcises the pain. This time, I kept quiet, telling myself that Paul the psychologist would ask me to ponder changing my actions. I thought it worked quite well. And then a weekend after the incident, Shaw Feng sarcastically remarked that my loss didn't seem to hurt me. Aha! He's so used to my nagging, talking self that a change like that seemed to indicate I wasn't upset with the loss.
Anyway, amidst the handphone loss, which happened in the gym, I won a prize for being one of the top three gym-goers for September and October. The prize -- loads of Blackmores supplements. Supplements are no replacement for a lost phone but at least it's some form of consolation. Now, time to get used to using a Nokia again.

No comments: