Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ambition

Michael Buble's CD was playing in the room, and it was around Kayrin's bedtime, when the cheeky three-year old pointed to the CD cover and asked who that was.
`That's Michael Buble, darling,' I said.
`What does Uncle Buble do?' Kayrin asked.
I told her he sings and makes lots of money doing that and that she can sing as a career too. Immediately sensing this an opportunity to talk about ambition and careers, I asked, `What do you want to be when you grow up?'
`A firefighter,' came the reply, without any hesitance.
`Why,' I ventured, while thinking I should have led her down the `right' path about careers before she was even two.
`Because...I want to rescue people in buildings.'
`Wow, mommy's so proud of you,' I said, thinking such a noble cause shouldn't be put down.
Soozhana, Kayrin's godma in New York, got to hear about it over the mail the very next day because mommy was eager to share.

The following evening, upon coming home from work, I decided to get into the ambition talk again.
`What do you want to be when you grow up, darling?'
`A zebra. Bee-cau-se I want to live in Ah-fri-kahhhh.'

So much about noble ambitions. ;)

No comments: