Monday, October 20, 2008

Overcoming Cough

Very happy that I'm almost winning the battle with this cough in a short period. Two weeks. Short for me because I've often battled cough for months. And this round, what works? I can't quite tell, but here's a list of what I did, with much encouragement, or scolding ;), from Shaw Feng.
1) Gargle warm salt water, more than three times a day during the worst of the cough.
2) Use Sterimar nasal spray morning and night.
3) Eat no deepfried food, no pears and no chicken and eggs. All advice from the TCM doctor. And yes, eat no vegetables during dinner.
4) Take garlic pearls, on the advice of colleague Ryan.
5) Get lots of sleep.
6) Avoid travel to Singapore for crazy weekend party (best decision made for me by SF this round).
7) Continue with gym routine as per usual. Actually, I stepped up my exercise quota, going for a second yoga class in a week.

Thank God for this quick recovery. And I avoided Singulair too. whoo-hoo!

2 comments:

CK Lam said...

Didn't keep in touch lately as I was quite busy with my new domain...sorry for that.
I am glad to hear that you manage to recover faster this time around. Take care as the weather changes rapidly.

ck lam
http://www.what2seeonline.com

Jane Lee said...

hi CK, good to hear from you! Thanks for the good wishes. I can't quite figure out why it takes so long for me to recover from coughs. Any great remedy for keeping your health in tip-top shape despite your trying all kinds of food? Take care!