Friday, May 01, 2009

On a Mission - Part II

I've got my police report. Not too bad an experience. I had to make the report in the vicinity of Kuala Lumpur because that's where the incident happened. Now I know there's a police station next to Empire Tower (or now known as Intermark), along Jalan Tun Razak. I typed my own report and told the officer I didn't need an investigating officer on my case. No fees paid. Wonderful. Next task, snap pictures of the place of incident. Now, that's tricky, as I might be in trouble for snapping away in the embassy area. Will have to explain to the police guarding the vicinity of the embassies and high commissions what I'm up to! The only other time I got shouted at snapping pictures was along Penang's Gurney Drive, while doing my photo-journalism paper. Must have been 1992/3. I had positioned myself on to take a picture of the promenade when this lady in her 60s, dressed for a run, started hurling abuses at me for snapping her pix, supposedly. My regret was not to shout back at her.

No comments: