Monday, May 04, 2009

Phone Lost

There must be a home for lost phones. Just like the Lost Boys in Peter Pan. They were boys lost by their nannies.

I lost my mobile phone on May 2, while shopping at Tesco Puchong for the first time in months. That was my second phone lost in about seven months. No fun, indeed, when I was getting used to using the Nokia N78 after losing the HTC Touch in October. The N78 was great in that I could send pictures directly to the Web. And the camera was a 3.2-megapixel Carl Zeiss one. That has spoiled me a bit. Who wants a 2-megapixel camera even though the iPhone is one cool piece.

A pattern has emerged, I noticed. The last time I lost my phone, Kayrin had come down with hand, foot and mouth disease, and I was walking around in a daze after losing sleep. I was trying to lobby her kindy to shut and prevent the spread when I lost the phone.

This time, it's the lack of sleep after Kayrin had her worst stomach-related viral infection. She threw up six straight days and was recovering, but on the day that I lost my phone, she threw up some of her breakfast.

So maybe when I lose sleep over my child's health, I should hang the phone around my neck. If you happen to chance upon me with a phone swinging from my neck, don't mouth SHOW OFF, OK? It's just one sleep-deprived mommy with a tendency to lose her shoe-phone.

No comments: