Saturday, March 05, 2011

2011

I didn't write anything to mark the end of 2010. This can only mean that it wasn't too dramatic a year. No drama is good. I'm no longer a sprightly 25-year-old and with being older, comes the joy of enjoying uneventful days, peaceful months and quiet, serene years.
Kayrin completed her first year in school, scoring fourth position in class. I'm happy for her but being a mom, I somehow think she could do better. Oops, a tiger-mom inside me.
We had very great holidays during the year, from making our way to Bangkok for the Lunar New Year to Taman Negara in June and Pulau Lang Tengah at the end of August, and short ones to Port Dickson, Taiping, before ending the year with a visit to very good friends in Singapore and culminating with the very beautiful Kota Kinabalu.
Grandma passed away on Aug. 31. She was remembered as being quite bitter that she was dealt a difficult hand in life. But I also recall her being one to remember that I love her yam fried rice, and she'd call me when she cooked that. Bless her soul. I do have lessons to take away from her life. Let go and learn to live.
This is also the year I re-learned scuba-diving, and I'm able to do it only because SF has been encouraging me to keep my license alive. He's had to mind Kayrin the times I decide to scare myself silly going into the sea.
All in, a rather fun year. And now, almost a quarter of 2011 has flown by. Kayrin's had her first exams of the year, caught two bouts of cold and started learning ballet (something she begged for). She simply loves her pink leotards, pink little skirt and all. Wait till those ballet shoes arrive ;)

No comments: