Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Lockdown

The outbreak sent us all packing. We packed up in the office and retreated into our homes. We left school, we withdrew from malls. Everything came to a standstill outside the home. The first day was March 18. I went to work still. Essential services were operating still and we were essential.

But by the 20th, a Thursday, we were told we have to be working from home too. So it was that March 21 marked the start of being cooped up at home, with the spouse and the kids.

What a explosive combination that was.

There was screaming, shouting, key-throwing (on my end), and major outbursts with crying.

What this says is, cooped up, the other half and I just want to remain halves far away from each other. So how did we come together in the first place? How did we think teenage love was enough to keep us going for the rest of our lives?

This I will ponder in the days to come.

For now, I put a routine in place. Waking up, I do some cleaning of the garden, then get down to yoga of 20 minutes. It's quite a sweat out, and I'm amazed. This morning was the second day of the routine. After that, it's down to work starting at 9 am. I feel more refreshed after the workout. I miss my morning workouts.

When I was sending the elder kid to school, I'd be hitting the gym after dropping her off at school. That, I pray will be a routine again, when the younger one gets into the morning session in 2022.

In the meantime, we're still going at each other's throats.

Stay safe, stay healthy and try to stay happy. A mantra for myself.


No comments: