Monday, December 03, 2007

Swimming...

lessons it is for Kayrin. She went to her trial class on Dec. 1. And that's after chickening out of her initial one a week earlier.
So we started the Saturday morning by tentatively mentioning swimming but not wanting to discuss too much about it. She was apprehensive when we got to the pool and told the administrator that, "I'm nervous."
But 5 minutes of looking around at kids in goggles and swimming attire and the inviting pool on a clear, beautiful day, she decided she wants to change into her swimsuit too. She looks so cute in her arena swimming cap! I know I'm biased but all little girls are so cute being so chubby in their swimwear. They are shaped like potatoes, with bulging tummies when in their gear. But oooohh, so cute are they that even Ms Hilton in her two-piece couldn't compete!
Bernard the swim instructor had Kayrin and Vishagan (a 4-year-old boy) walk around the submerged edge of the pool, got them to play with some water rockets, and got them to do some breathing exercises. I was more nervous than the kids, I think. And so 45 mins flew by. Kayrin was hesitant about leaving the pool. So we paid a deposit and promised to be back. It's 900 ringgit for 24 lessons. Very expensive, my thought when I first rang them a month ago. But now I think, how very worthwhile since I have not the patience to teach!

No comments: