Thursday, December 06, 2007

Thank Goodness for a Spouse

More a case of thank goodness for my spouse, actually! I write a bit about the environment, a bit more about my angst, even more about my wonderful four-year-old daughter. But with the other half, hmm, I hardly do. Not that he's insignificant. In fact, this is to say "thank you", albeit in a cheap way!
Kayrin came down with a cold on Monday evening, and by Tuesday morning, I was zombied out from a night of interrupted sleep. Shaw Feng nudged me that morning and said he'd take Kayrin to the doc that day. I couldn't have done anything that day except drag myself to work and try to stay awake with a pounding head. SF then proceeded to stay home with her. Well, he was the perpetrator of the cold, actually. I was pretty happy with myself for not nagging. Ooops, sorry, forgotten there that this entry ain't about thankin' my good old self. So, not-so-naggy me makes for happy family, and thank goodness for another parent. Two parents to a kid makes it a pain at times when we can't agree on how to feed a kid but at other times, it's the best place to be -- only your spouse will roll his eyes with you when your kid declares she's had enough of her parents and wants to move out.

No comments: