Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The Good and the Bad

I was mulling this entry for the past two days and had wanted to write solely about how awful weekends can be just before SF travels. He gets stressed and I get worked up about his not helping, and we end up having rows or simply ignoring each other. Well, it did go that way this past weekend. We snapped at dinner on Saturday. The crappy food pretending to be Penang favourites didn't help either. That was at Simply Penang at Bandar Puteri Puchong. I'm not going there a second time, that's for sure.
Today, it dawned on me that SF is one who's always there with me for family gatherings. He comes along without complaint. If this was a piece only about how awful my husband is, I'd probably get labelled a witch then!
He cooks for us most weekends. His latest venture: Tofu in minced pork, laced with Shaoxing wine. Oooh, superb!
In the previous few weeks, it was braised pork in soy sauce, with hard-boiled eggs.
As you can tell, pork is very favoured by SF.
Thanks sweetie, and Happy Birthday!

No comments: