Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Skin Care

As I age, the search for effective skin care becomes more pressing. Since last year, I've been using Renova. It's tretinoin, 0.05% strength. It's one of those creams, as KK my friend said, we can't recommend to everyone. Once you start, you go through the "it gets worse before getting better" phase.
There's the flaking of my skin initially. Yes, it can seem quite awful. Skin near my nose and my mouth could be easily rubbed off my face if i scrub too hard. Shaw Feng, at one point, remarked that I looked like hadn't cleaned my face properly in the morning. Eeeek.
But wait, tretinoin does exfoliate the skin or something like that. Supposed to help with acne too. And reading reviews on SmartSkinCare.com helps. It's a good site in that the articles are written in a very objective manner. Any questions I have on the latest treatment I read about in magazines, I come to this site for details and assessments. IPL, dermabrasion..they've got it covered.

No comments: