Friday, January 08, 2010

Sedaya


Sedaya
Originally uploaded by leechingshen

Exactly a month to being 7 and Kayrin started her first day at Sri Sedaya school. Jan. 4 started well: She awoke at about 5 a.m., insisted on having her milk from a cup (instead of the bottle), showered, dressed up in her uniform of a blouse, a skirt and a tie without kicking up a fuss, and gamely waited for the school van in the pouring rain. Van arrived at 6:45 a.m. and she got off in the school compound at 7: 20 a.m.
I accompanied her the entire day, where she ate her snack and her lunch along with the 50 odd kids from Primary 1. Didn't see any kid bawling his or her eyes out on the first day. Pretty amazing. Unlike the days of old, when kids would go running out of class to mommy or daddy outside the class.
Instead, I spent the entire school day, till 3:30 p.m. hanging around in the school compound and intermittently peeping into her classroom.
It's been a big relief for me, to see her adjusting well, on her way to greater independence. Not having her grandma with her full time means Kayrin doesn't have grandma pandering to her every whim and fancy but so far she's coped, making new friends along the way as she and her kindy friend Jia Ler keep each other company.

5 comments:

Amy Lee said...

HiJane, I am considering a private school for my son next and found your blog when I was looking for Sri Sedaya School review. I see that your daughter would have been there for a year now. Can I know how is the school? Is it good?

Jane Lee said...

Hello Amy! Do write to me at my e-mail address..and I'll be happy to relate my experience.

sue9001 said...

Hello Jane, I too am doing some research into private schools for my kids. Could you pls share you daughter's experience abt Sri Sedaya with me?

Sue-Ann

Unknown said...

Hi, I am considering sri ucsi school for my son. Can share ur experience? Tq

Unknown said...

HI.Please do share with me as well.
IMLOOKING AROUND FOR A GOOD SCHOO TOO.