Monday, February 11, 2008

Kayrin's 5

The little girl turned 5 on Feb. 4 and that day being a school day, Shaw Feng and I dropped her off at school and then went for breakfast on our own to celebrate. Yes, eating by ourselves, having no kid to interrupt every sentence is a rare occassion. Then, we trooped to kindy with the birthday cake. A novel way for me to celebrate. In the past, she's had one party (when she turned four) and three other `celebrations' at home (read: no party cos mommy's lazy).
I like this kindy party. Nothing for me to clean up. There's some preparation. But nothing Shaw Feng and I can't deal with. He printed invites to the party, and we then put together party packs (a box of raisins, a pack of ribena drink, some biscuits, a bar of kit-kat and a yo-yo). Turned out quite fun.
As all mothers do, I got a bit melancholic but not too much, remembering the day she popped out into this world and staring into the strange face of someone I know I'd love, someone I felt I've known for months, yet am only starting to get to find out all about her. Someone so very amazing because she knows how to suckle without being taught. Happy 5th Birthday, mommy's darling Kayrin!

No comments: