Monday, August 11, 2008

The Clever One at Home

When it comes to numbers, I win at home. So far, anyway. I know my mathematics. But when it gets to survival, SF wins handsdown.
Food: SF whips up lunches and dinners when he's home. When he's not, Kayrin has to eat tuna-in-rice for both meals.
Baby: SF kept Kayrin and I well fed, after my mom left for home following a six-week stay with us in Singapore following Kayrin's arrival. He single-handedly did the marketing, cooking and washing. All I could do then was profer my breasts to Kayrin. I always consider the 13-month breastfeeding part to be my biggest achievement.
Baby-food: SF cooked all of Kayrin's lunch as she was weaned off milk full time. All I could do was squeeze breastmilk into a cup of cereal the one time I was at home with her alone. Well, at least it was fresh and warm. I didn't have time to warm up the breastmilk from the fridge after having to bathe her that morning.
And yesterday, SF stunned me once more. I've been working on pairing my Bluetooth earpiece with the HTC Diamond phone he gave me for my birthday. I tried it at work, tried it at home. I really did try!
SF took over, and within 2 minutes, managed to make it happen. My hero! Ya, anyone reading this is going to think me a tech idiot. Don't think I am but my spouse just happens to be smarter, of course.
He ties knots really well too. Me, well, I couldn't even name the one I use to tie up shopping bags.

No comments: