Monday, October 08, 2007

Books

I've been getting some reading done lately. No longer able to finish one novel in a night, I was put off for several years after the arrival of Kayrin, to even attempt starting any books. So, since 2003, it's been mostly reading to Kayrin when one mentions books.
But these past few months have gotten me back to books. Watching Shaw Feng devour book after book is also an inspiration.
I've gone on Mark Haddon's "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time," which scares Kayrin with its cover of a dog stabbed by a pitchfork. That took ages for me to complete. Months.
Then I took on "Marley," another "dog book," as I told Kayrin. That's still unfinished. Not much of a challenge but nothing too exciting.
Was it before or after that that I went on to the "Kite Runner," a sad one on life of a boy in Afghanistan.
And during my sick leave after the miscarriage, I started and completed "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows."
Now, it's Mark Haddon's "A Spot of Bother." So far, so good. About the life of a family.
Here's a place for recommendations and reviews. Curled Up With a Good Book.

No comments: